With over 600 volunteer needs throughout the year, volunteers are crucial to the success of our programs! Here are six easy ways to volunteer at The Friendship Club:
- Be a mentor – spend time with a youth and share an activity or passion
- Be a driver – drive youth from their schools to The Friendship Club, from the Club to their home after meetings and activities, drive youth on field trips or to summer activities, drive youth to medical and other important appointments
- Be a tutor – work with the youth one-on-one or in small groups to provide subject-specific academic support, homework help, and study skills
- Be an office volunteer – help with mailings, calls and organization
- Be a meal prep and supper service volunteer – help with cooking for weekly meetings, camps, or clinics
- Help at fundraising events – help with set-up, staffing and clean up
For questions or more information, contact our Community Engagement Manager, Cindy Hintz, at 265-4311 or CindyH@friendshipclub.org.
Congratulations to our 2019 Volunteers of the Year:
Nanci Mason was honored at annual Holiday Reception on December 2nd as our 2019 Volunteer of the Year. Nanci started her volunteer journey with The Friendship Club in 2006. As an artistically-gifted individual, Nanci has shared her talent with our youth by leading inspiring art clinics. She has been a substitute after school driver, most especially when we have been in a pinch, and has helped out in our summer program by driving and chaperoning to Book Friends Fridays. Nanci has taken on the responsibility of mentor, not once, but several times, the ultimate volunteer role emulating a most selfless gift. For the last few years, Nanci has grown to support other women in their role as mentor, by hosting and cooking for mentor program events, such as our Kick Off Soup Suppers and Mentor Celebrations. She has also quietly found a way to drop off much needed jackets, clothing, or school supplies. With such service, a direct benefit to Friendship Club youth and staff, this very special woman has served behind the scenes as well. Nanci has been a Friendship Club board member for over six year and has most recently served as Board Secretary for several years. Her heart is lovely and genuine. And our staff and our youth have all benefited from her service and her generosity. Many thanks to Nanci Mason, for her heartfelt support of our organization and the youth we serve!